Snapshot is a decentralized voting system. It provides flexibility on how voting power is calculated for a vote. Snapshot supports various voting types to cater to the needs of organizations. Creating proposals and voting on Snapshot is user-friendly and does not cost gas as the process is performed off-chain.
In short, Snapshot is an off-chain gasless multi-governance client with easy to verify and hard to contest results.
- Free (gasless) to create proposals and vote on them
- Votes are signed messages easily verifiable online
- Multiple voting systems - Single choice, Approval voting, Quadratic voting, and more
- Flexible voting strategies to calculate voting results - vote with ERC20s, NFTs, other contracts, and more
- Spaces can have their branding with custom color schemes and domain name
- Fully open-source with MIT license